Is Tech Trek right for my daughter?
Tech Trek is an exciting and engaging one-week summer camp for girls featuring hands-on science and technology classes, a fun and educational field trip, opportunities to meet inspiring women role models, and a unique college campus experience. To attend, families need only pay a $50.00 registration fee.
Your daughter is a good fit for Tech Trek if she is currently in the 7th grade and interested in math and science with the potential to excel. Tech Trek is looking for girls who have not had the opportunity for experiences like Tech Trek before, but are excited by the opportunity to try something new, learn new things, and challenge herself. The ideal Tech Trek camper cooperates with teachers, shows respect for other students, regularly participates in class discussions, and makes positive choices for herself in and out of class. To apply, girls must be nominated by their science or math teacher.
- “My experience this week has been the best I’ve had in a long time. This camp really has not only changed my perspective on STEM but it has also changed me as a person. I was so incredibly nervous and everyone here made me feel like I was part of the family even though we had all just met. I have made so many amazing friends and this camp couldn’t have turned out any better.”
- “It was amazing!!! I had so much fun! I learned how to program robots, build robotic hands and so much more! I hope that I can come back to be a counselor soon!”
Tech Trek Really Works!
We surveyed girls who attended Tech Trek in California several years after they attended Tech Trek. The results speak for themselves:
- 82% of girls chose to take more science classes in high school because of Tech Trek
- 91% of girls reported that Tech Trek boosted their self-confidence in their ability to be successful in science classes
- 77% of girls say that Tech Trek increased their interest in technology
- 87% of girls say that Tech Trek introduced them to new STEM careers
- 96% of Tech Trek alumnae go to college
Learn more about AAUW’s Tech Trek camps: